Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
KE Biodesign Institute Finance
The Knowledge Enterprise (KE) Biodesign Institute Financial Services department is seeking a Financial Manager. As the Financial Manager, you will verify accuracy and timeliness of financial functions, processes, and accounts for assigned area(s) in complex unit(s) with significant research, operations, and instructional emphasis. You will directly impact the University goal of increasing research expenditures through the effective management of accounts.
$46,800 - $65,000 per year; DOE
- Provides sponsored post-award management for assigned unit(s).
- Monitors non-sponsored accounts for the assigned unit(s) including university accounts such as faculty start-ups, gifts, ASU Foundation, etc.
- Provides budgeting and forecasting support, reviews and approves financial transactions, reviews and consolidates unit-wide account reconciliations.
- Initiates and prepares financial reports and documents.
- Verifies accuracy and approve purchasing transactions for goods, services, and equipment.
- Reviews and approves travel requests.
- Maintains and audits unit-wide financial documentation and files.
- Ensures internal controls and financial services compliance with federal, state, university, and local laws and regulations.
- Recommends and monitors compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Working closely and in conjunction with unit and ASU Financial Services, advises, interprets and provides direction to management and staff on university rules and procedures and assists with the resolution of financial issues.
- Reviews account expenditure requests in accordance with established financial guidelines and policies.
- Participates in a variety of departmental, unit, and university-wide initiatives and meetings to represent unit's interests in the area of finance and to ensure an integrative/collaborative support of unit and university interests.
- May supervise staff/student workers and coordinate daily work activities.
- May provide financial management and oversight for internal recharge centers.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience,OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working with sponsored post-award management such as NIH, DOD, NSF and private foundations (5 years)
- Experience with local and gift accounts.
- Experience with Workday, Concur, PeopleSoft and querying tools.
- Experience in Excel
- Experience working in a team environment with constantly changing priorities.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Infrequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions
For the fifth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all five years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Please include cover letter and resume. Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 56132BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.