Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
MLF Teachers College T
Requisition ID# 56185BR
$32,458 - $45,400 per year; DOE
The Office of Scholarship & Innovation (OofSI) at Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College is seeking to hire a Coordinator to provide operational, administrative, and project coordination support. OofSI (http://education.asu.edu/oofsi/) brings collaborative design-based problem-solving to educational systems; supports faculty research and scholarly inquiry in education; and leverages new digital technologies for knowledge creation and dissemination. Reporting to the Director of Strategy and working closely with team members throughout OofSI, this individual will organize, coordinate and support various activities and programs. We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented team player who learns quickly and thrives in a mission-driven environment.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Assist with the project management needs of OofSI’s strategic initiatives, in particular focused on the Learning Futures and Principled Innovation initiatives
- Coordinate and manage logistics for a variety of events such as workshops, meetings, retreats or conferences with high impact for faculty, staff, students, and community partners, including managing communications, space, catering, materials, set-up, etc.
- Supervise student workers, including coordinating the hiring process, on-boarding, schedules, and performance evaluation; also provide support for hiring and on-boarding needs for the office at large
- Support the management of facilities and equipment for IgnitED labs at Tempe and Polytechnic campuses
- Contribute to communication and marketing needs, such as managing social media and the OofSI blog, creating slide decks, infographics and marketing collateral, and other projects
- Support purchasing, contractors and other business operations, in coordination with business and fiscal office; control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations; recommend equipment and resources for events
- Assist with managing Google Drive, project management tools, and other infrastructure needs
- Interact with and be a liaison to students, faculty, staff, and outside organizations, community members, and university departments associated with OofSI Initiatives
- Coordinate and support OofSI’s presence and participation in college or ASU-wide events, such as all-college meetingsManage special projects as needed
- Working Environment:
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
Arizona State University’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College (MLFT) creates knowledge, mobilizes people and takes action to improve education. Nationally recognized as a leading innovator in teacher education and scholarly research, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College prepares over 6,000 educators annually.
MLFTC faculty create knowledge by drawing from a wide range of academic disciplines to gain insight into important questions about the quality of teaching and learning and the performance of education systems.
MLFTC mobilizes people through bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, through non-degree professional development programs and through socially embedded, multilateral community engagement.
MLFTC takes action by bringing people and ideas together to increase the innovation capabilities of individual educators, schools and organizations, districts and communities.
Employment Verification Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
REQUESTED MATERIAL MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT.
Complete the required information and attach a single Word or PDF document, which includes:
1. Cover Letter
3. Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers.)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/56185BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.