Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
College Of Law
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law seeks a dynamic, self-starter for the position of Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will provide office clerical and administrative support to Faculty members, and back up assistance to the Dean’s Office.
$17.37 - $19.23 per hour; DOE
- Prepare classroom materials, notes, course descriptions, examinations, best/model answers, grade sheets, and posting of Blackboard notices and first assignments.
- Prepare/generate correspondence, manuscripts, routine letters, memos and transcribe notes from rough draft.
- Support calendar and scheduling for faculty/committee.
- Cross train, work as a team and be able to serve as backup for other team members as needed.
- Open and review incoming mail and respond to routine inquiries.
- Plan and arrange meetings and/or events and communicate arrangements to appropriate parties.
- Arrange necessary and extensive travel reservations and itineraries; anticipate and prepare background material as needed; complete travel documentation process including entering trips into the Concur Travel System and the College of Law travel approval site to seek reimbursement for traveler.
- Prepare special/recurring reports containing sensitive information.
- Assist as needed as point of contact to support the Dean’s Office incoming guests and miscellaneous requests.
- Physical presence at the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned that support the goals of the department/College of Law.
Four (4) years secretarial/administrative experience; OR, Certificate in Secretarial Science AND three (3) years of secretarial/administrative experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office policies and practices
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience in multitasking in a fast paced team environment
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Experience working with confidential information or files
- Experience in making travel arrangements and reimbursements – knowledge of Concur Travel System a plus
- Experience in work that requires organization and attention to detail
- Experience in handling multi-line phones
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and internet research
- Experience with proper grammar usage, spelling, composition, punctuation and proofreading
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communications skills
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Use standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor and mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
The Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University is one of the country’s preeminent law schools. Ranked No. 27 nationally by U.S. News & World Report, ASU Law is a leading provider of comprehensive and personalized legal education. The law school ranks Top 20 in the nation for job placement and No. 1 in the state for student outcomes. Located in a new, state-of-the-art building in downtown Phoenix, ASU Law is steps away from the legal, political, and economic heart of Arizona. For more information, visit law.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 55255BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.