Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unpaid Photography Intern
at Arizona Humane Society
The Arizona Humane Society is offering an opportunity to learn photography in a challenging, fast-paced and unique environment. Animal photography is an excellent way to sharpen your skills. As a member of the Photo Team, this person will be capturing and telling the stories of our animals and staff. This person will also learn how to capture quality images in a variety of lighting situations and learn how to optimize the images in post-production for best presentation.
Location: 9226 N 13th Ave, Phoenix 85021
Schedule: Ideally 2-3 days/week 7am 4pm but can be flexible
- Working towards an Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Photography or related field
- Basic understanding of Digital SLR camera equipment
- Must be comfortable with animals and animal handling
- Physical requirements: standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Access to reliable transportation
- Work environment: Exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander
- Experience working with non-profit organizations a plus
- Excellent time management, adaptability, judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience in basic photo editing with Adobe CC programs
General skills to develop:
- Outdoor available light photography, including simple portraiture and action shots
- Indoor on camera flash
- Basic studio strobe photography with Umbrella
- Basic photo editing
- Animal handling
- Problem solving
Thank you for your interest with the Arizona Humane Society. We are Arizona's largest, private non-profit, animal shelter. We hire individuals with a passion to do a great job, and that have a compassion to help all animals.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of the hiring department will be considered for an interview.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.