Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Here at the Arizona Humane Society, we rely on our foster program to extend the walls of our shelter so that we can rescue, heal and adopt out sick, injured and abused pets in the Valley. Our foster program places about 4,000 pets with 1,400 Foster Heroes annually. We value our Foster Heroes and believe in creating an Excellent Experience Every Time-- from the moment they call to book a foster appointment until they leave our facility! The Foster Concierge is at the forefront of this customer service journey by proving exceptional phone and in-person support, building relationships, scheduling medical appointments and communicating with compassion. This energetic, friendly and self-motivated individual will be responsible for greeting all Foster Heroes with a friendly smile, maintaining first impressions in the foster lobby and acting as a liaison between the Foster Heroes and our foster department and medical staff. Strong communication abilities, phone etiquette and excellent customer service skills a must. A passion for homeless pets is a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for front office first impressions and building relationships with the clients. Offers an Excellent Experience Every Time.
- Answer high-volume foster medical calls in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintains accurate scheduling based on Veterinarian schedules and available resources.
- Schedules medical appointments for Foster Heroes in person and via phone. Recognize foster emergencies and coordinate with medical staff as needed.
- Act as a liaison for Foster Heroes and the foster department and medical staff, ensuring excellent and timely communication.
- Respond and appropriately handle emergency situations that may arise in a calm, professional and effective manner.
- Maintains documentation of all interactions and follow-up regarding Foster Hero issues.
- Relays medical communication/policies to internal foster staff as needed.
- Continuously looks for creative ways to improve the Foster Heroes' experience.
- Confirm all medical appointments.
- Intake/outcome medical appointments in Chameleon (shelter management software)
- Effective communication of AHS' mission, policies and procedures.
- Provide Foster Heroes with support and guidance as needed.
- Minimal animal handling may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years concierge/receptionist experience. Medical receptionist experience a plus.
- Exceptional customer service experience a must.
- Must possess excellent telephone answering and customer service skills as well as present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English and complete paperwork accurately and legibly.
Computer Skills: Experience in Microsoft Office and experience with computer data entry. Ability to learn new softwares, a must.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.