Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Location: Sunnyslope Campus
Schedule: Thursday - Saturday
Reports To: Thrift Operations Manager
Ensure profitable and efficient operation of the EBAY Department by identifying items suitable for listing on eBay and other online marketplaces. List items, post pictures and descriptions, pack, ship and track sales. Maximize revenues for AHS through use of approved marketing and listing techniques, appropriate pricing practices, and excellent customer service. Achieve daily, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Survey donated items to identify specialty, collectible, and high value items to list on E-commerce sites such as eBay and other marketplaces.
- Receive and sort items from all thrift locations.
- Research, photograph and list auctions on eBay and other marketplaces with pictures and description of merchandise worded to bring maximum value.
- Provide customer service and communication with internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain an eBay satisfaction rating of at least 98%.
- Meet the required daily productivity quotas.
- Data entry and tracking of items sold and shipped.
- Maintain a daily tracking of listed items.
- Assist in shipping as needed.
- Keep auction sales premises clean and organized.
- Follow all loss prevention guidelines and security measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Experience listing items on eBay or other online sales platform preferred.
- Familiarity with digital photography preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read, write and understand English. Ability to write clear, accurate, persuasive descriptions of items to be sold.
Technical Excellent internet browser and computer skills.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.