Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
Perform a variety of responsible administrative, development and communications activities in support of the Desert Southwest Chapter’s vision, mission, and goals in Arizona and Southern Nevada. Duties include administrative, clerical and customer service functions, data input and database management, bulk mailing, report generation and the coordination of multiple projects. This position involves significant collaborative efforts with staff, volunteers, organizations, and diverse community members.
This is a full-time position, located in the Chapter office in Phoenix, Arizona, and reports to the Development Director.
- Maintain donor database. Input confidential charitable gift information, prepare and process gift acknowledgements in a timely manner, prepare reports and ensure data accuracy.
- Provide administrative and coordination support for development activities including direct mail, bulk mailings, special events, identifying prospective supporters, donor cultivation, planned giving, recognition activities and tribute programs. Assist with support of localized fundraising and communication efforts for Regional Offices.
- Directly interact with donors, including answering development and organization inquiries, accepting donations and coordinating major and planned giving information.
- Provide administrative and coordination support for communications projects including updating web pages, organizing and coordinating information for newsletters, and media outreach.
- Provide other clerical support as needed for Development and Communications, and as part of the Chapter/ Central Arizona administrative staff team. Provide back-up support for other administrative staff. Tasks include answering phones, greeting office visitors, preparing meeting notes/ minutes, preparing copies and information packets.
- Maintain an organizational climate that attracts, motivates, supports, and retains high quality staff and volunteers who are committed to serving individuals and families.
- Provide supervision and training to assigned volunteers.
- Other duties as needed and appropriately assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or Associate Degree with several years of experience in the following:
- Progressively responsible work history in administrative roles and coordinating projects. Related education in business, secretarial science, administrative support and/or a similar field.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency in database management and fluency with Microsoft Office package. Expertise with office equipment and procedures are needed. Database conversion experience helpful.
- Effective written communication skills and ability to compose general business correspondence and review own work for accuracy.
- Effective oral communication and customer service/ interpersonal skills.
- Ability to encourage teamwork and work cooperatively with others.
- Multicultural sensitivity. Bilingual Spanish-English helpful.
- Work history indicating dependability, accuracy with details, and deadline management.
- Ability to accurately maintain records, prepare reports, and coordinate multiple projects. Effective logistical coordination skills.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evening hours.
- Possess valid Arizona driver’s license and vehicle to use in performance of job.