Agua Fria Union School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech and Language Pathologist (Certified)
at Agua Fria Union School District
Job Reference #: 656
Openings as of 10/23/2019
Certified Teaching/Secondary Education
- Speech and Language Pathologist (Certified) JobID: 656
- Position Type:
Certified Teaching/Secondary Education/Speech and Language Pathologist
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled Additional Information:
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Licensing Requirements (position requirements at entry):
- CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Certification Card
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses and identifies students with articulation, voice, fluency (stuttering) and/or receptive/expressive language delays and disorders using standardized, norm referenced test instruments to include determining type and severity of disorder.
- Develops speech and language treatment plans to include determining goals, objectives, methods, materials, frequency, duration, and accommodations/modifications to regular classroom, and transitions.
- Designs, implements, and develops activities and original instructional aids which are relevant, enhance the effectiveness of teaching, address treatment plans and activities, and making group and individual behavior plans.
- Consults with and provides ideas to teachers and parents regarding speech and language development and disorders to include developing an appropriate individual education plan for the student that meets his/her needs.
- Provides direct therapy and instruction to students or groups to assist them to succeed on academic and social skills; to review and revise student progress goals; to communicate with teachers and parents.
- Provides speech language pathology assistant(s) with appropriate direction, information, supervision, and evaluation.
- Prepares and maintains data, materials, and relevant information following state and federal guidelines; prepares or assists in the preparation of all required reports. Instructs and provides guidance and timelines for speech language pathology assistant(s) to complete paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
- Reviews and verifies speech language pathology assistant(s) daily and progress reports.
- Develops a variety of teaching and instructional strategies by maintaining current knowledge of standards and current practices in the field by consulting with books, colleagues, and conferences; contributes to the professional growth of staff.
- Provides students, teachers, parents and SLPS’s with the support or knowledge of available assistive technology and communication devices for student use; trains students, parents and staff in their use.
- Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Submits Medicaid billing as directed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GCA
Board Policy and District Procedures Page 1
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Speech Language Pathologist
(Professional Services Compensation Guide)
I. General Description:
The Speech and Language Pathologist will provide related services to students in a secondary educational learning environment. Responsibilities include providing direct/indirect S/L services to students; participating in IEP meetings to determine eligibility and to set up treatment plans for speech language impairment; conducting screenings, evaluations and re-evaluations. AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card required. Master's degree and state licensing required.
• Certificate of Clinical Competence.
• AHCCCS number to submit Medicaid billing (within four weeks of hire).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!