Aegis Homecare and Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wellness and Therapy Coordinator
at Aegis Homecare and Hospice
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Assisted Living/Home Health, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
- Minimum 2 yr. experience in an administrator/front desk role in a medical office (ie physician, physical therapy, chiropractor, dental office)
- Experience with an electronic medical records system preferred
- Excellent communication skills and organization
- Coordinate internal and external communications in a professional and timely manner
- Understanding of HIPAA Laws and Protected Health Information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Excel/Google Sheet/Docs/etc.
Job duties but limited
- The coordinator supports the direct team members within daily environment to achieve growth, learning and team goals.
- The coordinator provides guidance, coaching and mentoring for teams on their assigned duties, solves issues and needs of both the clientele and staff.
- This individual is a leader who promotes teamwork and mentorship throughout daily operations and support program development.
- Ability to communicate and follow verbal and written instructions, and problem solve
effectively with clients, staff, family members, and team members, and
community businesses in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to rapid change and must be able to intervene
promptly in crisis/emergency situations.
- Knowledgeable of team members skill interests/potentials to
balance caseloads and assign new referrals to best fit schedule.
- Greets and assists patients, visitors, and vendors, setting the example for positive attitude and exceptional customer service delivery.
- Develops business relationships with referring medical providers and staff.
- Coordinates and communicates patient/therapist schedules, ensuring follow-up and tracking of all patient referrals, prescriptions, appointments, cancellations and reschedules.
- Coordinates therapist time off requests and schedule changes.
- Processes new patient enrollments in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of data entry and communication of information to the benefits/billing department.
- Ensures all patient records are accurate, complete, compliant, current, and managed
- Answers phones in the capacity of resolving patient concerns, communicating with vendors, and marketing new patient inquiries.
- Maintains patient database, updating information as needed.
- Organizes front office space, consistently evaluating needs assessment to ensure the greatest efficiency of operations and productivity.
- Performs over-the-counter collections of co-pays, deductibles, and cash payments, following standard operating procedures of tracking, storing, and discarding all information