Academy of Math and Science
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
at Academy of Math and Science
Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant for Phoenix campuses - Start Immediately
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being either the highest or one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. As part of the AMS family, your role as a speech pathologist asssistant is to provide speech and language therapy to students with special language needs.
As we open new schools and grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven teachers eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed - no matter their background - with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That’s where you come in.
- Screen students with language difficulties or delayed development.
- Provide speech and language services in accordance with the student's IEP.
- Prepare lesson plans for students in accordance with their IEPs and in conjunction with the classroom teacher.
- Act as a resource on speech and language issues for the teacher, parents, and administration.
Qualifications & competencies:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in speech/language pathology.
- Additional certification for working with students with a speech and/or language disability.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Standard Certification issued by the Department of Education in the area of speech pathology and a Clearance 1 Fingerprint Card.
- OR Must possess a state license issued by the Arizona Department of Health as a speech and language therapist/pathologist, and a Clearance 1 (IVP) Fingerprint Card.
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
In the words of one of our employees, "[AMS has] incredible curriculum and standards that help students succeed. Administration appreciates staff and they express it throughout the school year, and there are a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. Everyone is always looking for ways to be better for our students! I am proud to work in an encouraging environment that is so uplifting and positive. I can’t say enough great things about AMS."
Interested in pursuing an AMS career?
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies