A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOMA - Administrative Assistant
at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
AT Still University/School of Osteopathic Medicine is looking for a responsible administrative assistant to provide administrative and clerical support for the SOMA Dean’s Office, SOMA faculty, and staff. In addition to typing, filing expense/travel documentation, scheduling Zoom meetings and setting up the meetings, this individual would perform duties such as recordkeeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, distributing mail to faculty and staff, shipping/receiving of packages, plus working on special projects. This individual will be able to provide independent judgement, which is required to plan, and prioritize a diversified workload.
Major Job Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring the workflow of the pre-approval/approval/processing of expense and travel requests
- Manage, schedule, prepare, and submit travel reimbursements for SOMA Dean(s), Department Chairs
- Manage the credentialing process for all faculty to ensure we meet Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) accreditation requirements for hiring and maintaining compliance
- Keep track of current curriculum vitae, board certifications, medical licenses for all SOMA clinical faculty
- Letter template preparation for the chair of residency applications and letters of recommendation.
- Prepare supply orders, assist faculty and staff with office supplies
- Provide back-up for the OMM Center office manager
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the SOMA Dean’s Office and the Director of Operations
- Be the first contact for the Dean’s office for all deans, faculty, staff, and students; able to handle administrative requests
- Protect faculty, staff, and student rights by maintaining confidentiality of all information pertaining to University business
- Monitor the workflow of requests for travel and purchases; responsible for receiving and processing pre-approvals in a timely manner and able to provide employee updates on purchases, travel requests, and reimbursements in a timely manner
- Cross-train basics of purchase and travel process
- Document all expense/travel transactions for department budget tracking
- Perform duties such as recordkeeping, distribution of mail to faculty and staff, as well as shipping/receiving packages
- Prepare supply orders; assist faculty and staff with office supplies
- Provide administrative support for the Scholarship Committee
- Schedule Zoom meetings and set up the meetings, prepare meeting room
- Book classroom usage, working closely with Curriculum Manager
- Create event planning form with facilities and room booking through Engage for large events
- Coordinate meetings/conferences/special events; Assist the Executive Assistant with Gala, Commencement, Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: High school plus one year technical training or schooling. Basic computer skills; Internet; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; professional communication skills. Two to three years experience in an office environment or medical school. Knowledge of basic business functions, e.g., preparation of correspondence, reports, etc. Operation of basic office equipment (PC, printer/copier/scanner). Experience working in a medical or academic setting preferred, with knowledge of basic medical terminology. Excellent computer skills required to set up document formats in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, and any other software program required by the position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to follow directions and work well under pressure. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines. Ability to manage detail-oriented assignments and be flexible with job assignments.
- Must have two to three years’ experience in an office environment or large medical practice business background with experience in higher education.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to solve practical problems, sometimes under great pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with faculty/staff/students in professional manner.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- MS Excel and MS Word abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft® software, Windows® operating system, databases and basic computer skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability and flexibility to complete and maintain various job tasks as requested.
- Strong team-work attitude.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and general public.
- Experience in business or academic office setting
- Experience interacting with internal and community affiliates
- Ability to follow and share information regarding university policy and procedure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing, for in-person, phone and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Equipment Experience: Computer, copier, printer, fax machine, scanner, various software programs, multi-line, phone, etc.
Personal Characteristics or Traits: Strong communication & leadership skills. Work as a team member. Strong attention to detail. Ability to solve problems quickly and accurately. Able to receive constructive feedback and apply it effectively.